Lecture by Dr. Clemens Heni, Director, The Berlin International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (BICSA), www.bicsa.org
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Mount Scopus, The Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (SICSA), International Conference, 25–28 May, 2014 Anti-Judaism, Anti Semitism and Delegitimizing Israel, Session 8, Tuesday, 27 May 2014, 15.45–18.00
I was honored to speak at Robert Solomon Wistrich’s, z‘‘l, last big conference in May 2014 in Jerusalem, Mount Scopus, at SICSA. Robert also had invited me to his first big conference as head of the Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (SICSA) in December 2002.
What is in this lecture?
How Not to Study Antisemitism:
1) Arab Rejectionism
– Prof. Christian Wiese
– Marxists pro-Israel: Adorno, Horkheimer
– Prof. Wiese quotes Jacqueline Rose’s fantasies about Herzl and Hitler 1895 in Paris …
2) Holocaust Inversion
– Prof. Seyla Benhabib, Israel and “possible crimes against humanity” …
– Prof. Jürgen Zimmerer, „From Windhuk to Auschwitz“
– David Olusoga/Casper W. Erichsen, “Kaiser’s Holocaust”
4) Holocaust Studies
– Timothy Snyder, grandson of Ernst Nolte
5) Was Hitler a “Man of the Left”?
– Erika Steinbach
– Jonah Goldberg
– Brendan Simms
6) Left-wingers in Germany and Austria: pro-Israel and anti-Jewish?
– Circumcision debates